A hideaway in the heart of a land and culture that discovered the necessity of spa and set the standard for modern spa practice over 3000 years ago, Domes Spa is truly the secret of Domes of Elounda. Domes Spa restores what has been lost, delivers a level of absolute tranquility and leads you to a stage of completeness. The ritual of original spa treatments and methods of the ancient Greeks is combined with the most recent healing techniques and wellness products. Let the balance of your body to restore in a place where ancient tradition inspires an aura of vitality.
Enchanting views of the Mediterranean Sea and landscape through our floor-to-ceiling windows were designed to bring together luxury, nature and the self. A black mosaic seawater pool surrounded by large tinted glass panels welcomes you to the spa experience. White Filifili lighting fixtures by Martinelli float above while objects and furniture by Moroso, Serralunga, and Bonaldo epitomize our new standards of luxury.
The areas of treatment, the sauna, and the hammam provide you with feelings of seclusion and ultimate relaxation and create a Zen environment. Organic shapes and curvilinear surfaces are covered with ceramic mosaic in dark metallic tones abolishing any sense of boundary. As one lies in the candle lit black and gold glimmering hammam everything falls into place.
Combined with soothing music, one exits the outside world and achieves a spiritual sensation in each of the complementary spa areas he or she might choose to escape: the Jacuzzi, the Gym, the Steam Bath, the Laconium, the Tapidarium or the Beauty Hairdresser Salon.
GENERAL SPA ETIQUETTE
- Soma Spa and its environs are strictly no smoking areas.
- We do not allow mobile phones in our customer areas - please leave them switched off in your locker. This is the time for your body and mind to release the worries and stresses of the day.
- Please conduct all conversations at levels consistent with a relaxing Spa environment.
- Soma Spa and fitness facilities are open to persons aged 16 and over.
- Pool towels can be found outside on the sun deck or at the pool bar.
- Please leave all items of value in your locker. The Spa is not responsible for loss of or damage to a guest's personal belongings.
- Always shower before using pool facilities and between heat rooms. A robe and slippers should be worn in all common areas and swimwear is compulsory in all Thermae heat rooms and whilst sunbathing.
- Please ensure you drink plenty of fluid to rehydrate after use of our heat treatments and that alcohol and coffee consumption is kept to a minimum.
- All guests will be required to complete and sign a Health & Lifestyle Questionnaire upon arrival, prior to entrance to the facilities.
- If you have a gift voucher, please remember to bring this with you on the day to hand to Reception.
- All facilities are subject to availability.
WHEN TAKING A TREATMENT
- Please arrive in good time to enjoy the facilities and ensure that you are ready to be collected by your therapist at the allotted time. Time lost through late arrival will result in a shortened or amended treatment being offered without refund.
- Underwear or suitable swimwear should be worn going into the treatment room and during treatments. For some treatments you will be provided with disposable undergarments by your therapist, and suitable towel draping will be used at all times.
- During treatments, please let your therapist know if you are comfortable or uncomfortable, too warm or too cold, or if their pressure is too light or too firm. Your comfort and care is our greatest concern and priority.
- If you have a particular injury or physical condition, please explain it to the therapist. They can suggest appropriate adjustments to the treatment for your comfort and enhancement.
- There is no pressure to talk during a treatment. It is entirely up to you. If you have any questions or would like to talk, certainly do so. The therapist will take their cues from you. If you are quiet they will be too.
- We hope you enjoy this interlude of pampering and relaxation.
- Your comments are always welcome.
- Please do not leave toiletries in showers or wet vanity areas.
- Shaving is permitted in the male changing rooms. However, please ensure that wet vanity areas are left clean. Razors should not be placed in any of the waste bins and shaving is strictly prohibited in the saunas and steam rooms.
- Please do not add oils or other products to the sauna bucket water without first speaking to a member of staff.
- Please place all used towels in the baskets provided.
- Please place the hand towels provided between you and the fitness equipment and wipe down after use.
- Appropriate fitness attire is required at all times. Outdoor shoes should not be worn in any fitness areas.
- Please note that a 24 hour cancellation notice is required for all bookings and services, otherwise 50% of the total treatment price will be charged. Credit card details may be required in order to confirm a booking.
BioAroma draws upon the vast history and heritage that surrounds the land of Crete. Having developed 100% natural herbal cosmetics based on research and archaeological findings, BioAroma works on the region’s traditions and offers handmade products with a distinct identity.
Organic materials like olive oil, beeswax, sage, dittany and labdanum gum are naturally processed and have inspired a range of products, which offer a holistic approach to overall wellness.
As a worldwide leader in professional skincare, Pevonia was the first company to develop a Spa Skincare Line exclusively for elite spas and Professional Aestheticians.
Its products launched in 1991 fully recognizing that the most effective skincare ingredients can be found in the safest source on earth, in nature. By combining effective, safe and natural ingredients with decades of experience in professional skincare, Pevonia continues to be the global leader in skin rejuvenation and health.